Ready-made tomato sauce from the supermarket is so out of style. Thanks to the Thermomix®, from now on you can simply make it yourself. You can choose every single ingredient, and avoid artificial additives or flavor enhancers. Plus, you’ll save money in the end.
In our opinion, this is the world’s best tomato sauce from the Thermomix®. It contains delicious and healthy ingredients that everyone already has in the kitchen and it’s fast and delicious. This sauce can be refined with even more fine garlic, fresh herbs, shrimp, bacon, vegetables or spicy cheese.
If you like it spicy, try adding a few spicy, smoky chipotles in adobo – fiery delicious! If you don’t have fresh tomatoes on hand, substitute them with canned tomatoes. Here, you’ll find even more recipe ideas for pasta sauces from TM6®, TM5® and TM31.
Shelf-life of Tomato Sauce from the Thermomix®
In bottled or screw-top jars, tomato sauce will keep in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 days. Frozen in portions, it’s ready for unannounced guests or for surprise school cancellations and hungry bellies. By the way, our tomato sauce also works perfectly as a homemade pizza sauce.
Pasta dishes and Thermomix® recipes packed full
As a pasta lover, you should definitely try our Carbonara, Mac & Cheese, Mediterranean Pasta Salad, One-Pot Pasta, Mama’s Spaghetti Bolognese and Pizza Pasta Casserole made with the Thermomix®.
The Best Thermomix® Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 120 grams carrots
- 30 grams olive oil
- 50 grams tomato paste
- 500 grams tomatoes
- 1 tsp dehydrated vegetable broth try homemade Thermomix® vegetable paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 pinch black pepper
- Peel garlic clove and add to mixing bowl.1 garlic clove
- Peel and halve the onion, add and chop for 3 sec./speed 5.1 onion
- Peel carrots, add and shred for 5 sec./speed 5. Push down with the spatula.120 grams carrots
- Add olive oil and tomato paste and steam for 4 min./120 °C (TM31 Varoma)/speed 1.30 grams olive oil, 50 grams tomato paste
- Wash and halve tomatoes, add with remaining ingredients and cook without inserted measuring cup for 15 min./100 °C/speed 1. Use the cooking basket as a splash guard.500 grams tomatoes
- Insert measuring cup and blend for 45 sec./speed 6 – 9, gradually ascending.1 tsp dehydrated vegetable broth, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp dried basil, 2 pinch black pepper