When life gives you lemons… ! So really everyone knows the saying. We have not lemonade, but a damn tasty dessert mixed from it!
Spring fresh it also comes to you on the table. Much too sour, you may think now – don’t worry, the cream is perfectly rounded and you will fall in love very quickly! You only need a few ingredients and, if you use ready-made lemon curd and meringue, you’ll have a 20-minute rendezvous with your Thermomix®.
And in no time at all, you’ll be enchanting your loved ones with this sun-drenched treat. But make sure that the lemons are not treated, because the peel is also used. We’d better skip counting calories today, because what’s piling up so deliciously on the tea spoon is a creation of butter, curd cheese and cream.
Your guests are sure to enjoy indulging in this lemon layered dessert, as it presents in an utterly tempting way with crumbled meringue as the “icing on the cake” between the layers.
And if life doesn’t give you lemons, but strawberries? Then of course you make our strawberry layered dessert! This and other great desserts you will find with us. For all citrus fans, we recommend our orange tiramisu. Did you know that you can also eat Thermomix® rice pudding out of the jar? We highly recommend our Thermomix® crème brûlée.
Lemon layered dessert from the Thermomix®
For the Lemon Curd:
- 400 g sugar
- 130 g butter
- 6 lemons untreated
- 5 eggs
- 3 tbsp starch
For the Curd Cream:
- 300 g cream
- 400 g curd cheese
- 2 EL lemon juice
For the Topping:
- 20 g meringue
- Add the sugar to the mixing bowl, pulverize for 10 seconds/step 10 and set aside.400 g sugar
- Add butter to the mixing bowl and melt for 5 minutes/80 °C/speed 1.130 g butter
- Meanwhile, wash 2 lemons with hot water, grate the peel and squeeze out the juice.6 lemons
- Add the lemon zest, 250 g lemon juice, 350 g powdered sugar, eggs and starch to the mixing bowl and heat for 8 minutes/90 °C/speed 1.5 eggs, 3 tbsp starch
- Pour the lemon curd into sterilized canning jars, seal and let cool.
- Rinse the mixing bowl and dry well.
- Place the meringue in the mixing bowl, crush for 2 seconds/step 5 and set aside.20 g meringue
- Insert the stirring attachment, add the cream to the mixing bowl and whisk on speed 3 until it is firm.300 g cream
- Place the curd, remaining 50 g powdered sugar and 2 tbsp lemon juice in the mixing bowl and mix for 5 seconds/step 3.400 g curd cheese, 2 EL lemon juice
- Fill alternately curd cream, lemon curd and meringue into the glasses, put in the refrigerator, garnish with lemon curd and meringue before serving. Enjoy cold.