Are you looking for a quick, inexpensive lunch or dinner that almost cooks itself? An all-round carefree recipe, so to say? Then you have to get to know our simple Tomato Soup! In winter it warms you from the inside, and in summer it is a refreshing snack when well chilled. Try it as an appetizer at the next barbecue party!
Insider Tip! If you have a stressful week ahead, simply freeze the finished soup for faster preparation later. This way, it can be quickly reheated in the Thermomix® at the desired time.
Did you know? Since most tomato varieties contain a lot of acid, many cooks balance the taste by simply adding a pinch of sugar.
Here are more soup recipes and many more recipes for the Thermomix®. For example, our broccoli soup, a delicious Thermomix® pumpkin soup, and a potato soup. With the addition of pan cakes you create the perfect pan cake soup.
Thermomix® Tomato Soup
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 grams olive oil
- 500 grams tomatoes
- 400 grams vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pinch sugar
- Peel and halve the onion, peel the garlic, add both to the mixing bowl, chop for 3 sec./speed 5 and push down with the spatula.1 onion, 1 garlic clove
- Add olive oil to the mixing bowl and sauté for 3 min./120 °C (TM31: Varoma)/speed 1.30 grams olive oil
- Meanwhile, wash tomatoes, cut in half and remove stalk.500 grams tomatoes
- Add the tomatoes to the mixing bowl and chop for 7 sec./speed 4.500 grams tomatoes
- Add remaining ingredients to mixing bowl and cook for 15 min/100 °C/speed 1.400 grams vegetable broth, 1/2 tsp white pepper, 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp dried thyme, 1 pinch sugar
- Blend for 30 sec./speed 4 – 9 gradually ascending.