Looking to surprise your loved ones with completely new rolls for their next breakfast? Then we have just the thing for you: Thermomix® Banana Bread! 🍌
Our version contains all-purpose flour and whole spelt flour, so that the yeast dough rises beautifully. The brown sugar is subtly sweet and rounds off the bread with a light, natural caramel note. We also used very ripe bananas.
You can either brush the banana bread with an egg-milk mixture and sprinkle it with sugar, or bake it plain, as seen in our video. This bread goes well with your favorite savory spreads at the breakfast table.
Tip: Eat while still warm! The inside will be fluffy and coated with melt-in-the-mouth butter. What a dream!
Thermomix® Banana Bread
For the dough:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 450 grams all-purpose flour
- 60 grams whole spelt flour
- 150 grams milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 packet dry yeast
- 30 grams butter soft
- 70 grams brown sugar
For brushing/spreading (optional):
- 1 egg
- 20 g milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- Peel bananas, add to mixing bowl and chop for 4 seconds/speed 6.3 ripe bananas
- Add the remaining ingredients for the dough, knead for 3 minutes/dough mode, then set aside, cover and let rise for 12 hours.450 grams all-purpose flour, 60 grams whole spelt flour, 150 grams milk, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 packet dry yeast, 30 grams butter, 70 grams brown sugar
- Knead the dough again with your hands, form it into 12 balls, place them in a baking dish, cover and let them rise for another 3 hours.
- Put the egg, milk and salt in the mixing bowl and mix for 10 seconds/speed 10, then brush the dough balls with the egg mixture and sprinkle with sugar.1 egg, 20 g milk, 1 pinch of salt
- Place the pan in the oven, set to 50 °C top/bottom heat, after 30 minutes turn up the heat to 180 °C top/bottom heat and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes.