With this recipe, you’ll be a welcomed guest at any barbecue. This cabbage salad is so easy to make. Thanks to the Thermomix®!
Bavarian coleslaw from the Thermomix®
Since this raw food is super quick to prepare, it won’t be a hinderance to your daily schedule.
In Bavaria, cabbage salad typically consists of white or blue cabbage. For this purpose, the vegetables are finely shredded, sliced or grated. Of course, this is done in a few seconds in the TM5® or TM31. Thanks to the sharp knives of the Thermomix®! 😉
After seasoned with a vinegar-oil marinade, the salad it is usually topped with apples or onions. Bacon and ham are added to taste, which completes the recipe wonderfully. Plus, the caraway makes the cabbage more digestible.
Did you know that for the Greek version, the herb is blanched and then mixed with olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice?
In Ireland, England, Australia and the USA, cabbage salad is widely known as coleslaw. This can vary from region to region. However, a mayonnaise-based sauce is typical. We highly recommend our recipe for coleslaw from the Thermomix®. In addition, we have topped our coleslaw with fine honey bacon. In America, coleslaw is served at barbecues, with fish and chips, and with other fried foods, or as a side dish in general. In Germany, there is also a salad similar to coleslaw, commonly known as party salad or farmer’s salad.
Bavarian Thermomix® Cabbage Salad
- 1 onion
- 100 grams carrots
- 400 grams cabbage
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 30 grams white wine vinegar
- 40 grams sunflower oil
- 1 tsp medium hot mustard
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Peel the onion, cut in half, add to the mixing bowl and chop for 3 sec./speed 5.
- Peel the carrots, cut into pieces, add to the mixing bowl and shred for 10 sec./speed 4.
- Wash cabbage, remove stalk, cut into pieces and add to mixing bowl.
- Wash parsley, shake dry and pluck leaves into mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and chop for 8 sec./speed 4 using the spatula, transfer to a bowl and serve.