This delicious ratatouille recipe from the Thermomix® is the best way to capture late summer in a jar and preserve it into the fall and winter. Properly made (prepared hygenically and using fresh ingredients) and stored in a cool, dry place, the contents in the preserving jars will have a shelf life of up to a year.
This Thermomix® Ratatouille is great as a base for quick pasta sauces, casseroles and as a spread on bread.
- 1 eggplant large
- 2 tsp salt
- 150 grams red onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 30 grams olive oil
- 350 grams tomatoes
- 300 grams red bell pepper
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 sprig thyme
- 1/2 tsp chili powder mild
- 10 grams balsamic vinegar
- 2 pinch pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 250 grams zucchini
- Wash eggplant, remove stalk, cut in half lengthwise and cut into slices about 0.5 cm thick. Place eggplant slices in cooking basket in a bowl and sprinkle evenly with 1 tsp. salt.
- Peel and halve the onions and add to the mixing bowl. Peel the garlic, add to the mixing bowl, mince for 4 sec./speed 5 and push down with the spatula.
- Add olive oil and sauté for 4 min./VAROMA (TM5 120°)/LEFTROTATION/SANFTREHRSTUFE.
- Meanwhile, wash tomatoes and peppers and cut into pieces about 3 cm.
- Pluck rosemary and thyme into the mixing bowl. Add tomato pieces, bell pepper pieces, 1 tsp. salt, chili powder, vinegar, pepper and sugar and cook for 15 min./100°/LEFTROTATION/SANFTREHRSTUFE.
- Meanwhile, wash and dice zucchini. Rinse eggplant in cooking basket with cold water and dice. Then add to the mixing bowl and cook for 20 min. /100°/LEFTROTATION/SANFTRÜHRSTUFE.
- Provide sterilized jars and lids and immediately pour in the ratatouille to 2 cm below the rim. Close the lid and put the jar on the lid for 5 minutes.
- When opening the jar, it is important that you hear the ‘pop’ sound!
- The serving amount for this recipe is enough for about four 250 ml canning jars.